|There are many benefits to working at Islip Tutoring Service, Inc. Not only will you enjoy working with a variety of students based upon your certification and expertise, but you will also have the flexibility to work around your own schedule and gain teaching experience. As per our instruction, tutoring may take place in the student's home, at a local library, at the Islip Tutoring facility, or sometimes in the school district.
To become an employee, you must meet the following requirements:
- Certified or pending certification
- Licensed, if one is required
- Educational requirements are a minimum of a Bachelors degree
- Fingerprinted, as set forth by NYSED
- References-written and telephone
- Writing Sample
If you have not been fingerprinted, contact your college, university or SCOPE.
Questions Regarding Certification
For questions regarding certification(s) use any of the following methods to contact Albany.
Phone: (518) 474-3901
Web site address: www.highered.nysed.gov/tcert/
Fax: (516) 473-0271
- Open the NYSED web page
- Follow the directions to open an account
- This will show your Certification(s) and Fingerprint status
- You will create a password
- Follow the instructions for fingerprinting status
- Print out the form
Current Employment Opportunities
Teachers: All Certifications
Social Workers, MSW, CSW
We have no employment openings in our office in Holbrook at this time.
Download the following forms required by New York State and Federal with regards to your Withholding Allowance
Download our new employee application forms
Employment Reference Check
Telephone Reference Check
OSPRA 102 Clearence For Employment Request Form
Before you become an employee of Islip Tutoring Service, you are required to read and sign our teacher employment agreement.
You are required to sign our Solicitation Agreement, which means you cannot solicit work for five years after cessation.